The most effective sales tools that all businesses have at their disposal are their customers and extended network. When these customers talk, their friends and colleagues listen and register what is being said. What is said may reach other sets of people through them as well through the word of mouth so it is essential to ensure that only positive things are being said.
You may spend all you want on the latest and greatest sales tools like Facebook ads or carefully crafted email campaigns, but you will never see the same results as the customers that are convinced by a loyal and happy customer to buy what you have to offer. They are the brand advocates that will advise their friends and family that your product is worth buying.
For all businesses across all industries, their customers are the lifeblood of their business venture without whom the business serves no purpose. You can have it all – a great team, an amazing business plan and even an excellent range of products/services, none of it will matter if you are not able to keep your customers happy and satisfied. You must ensure that your customers and network are engaged through San Diego Networking and are all willing to say good things about your company and what you have to offer. They must willingly tell their friends and family good things about your business and refer it. The best source of new business is always through such referrals from happy customers or those in your extended business network. There is never a better lead than one that comes your way through referrals by inbound means as they are highly likely to convert into customers.
Personal referrals are extremely valuable for all businesses and here are some statistics from trusted sources to support this claim,
- 92% of people trust referrals from people they know.
- 84% of all B2B buying and decision-making process starts with a referral.
- Over 87% of sales reps, 78% of marketers and 82% of leaders in the sales sector agree to the fact that referrals are the best kind of leads that a business can get.
From what is mentioned above, it is clear that referral marketing is the way to go for businesses. So the question that most of you may be asking as a business owner is, ‘How can I drive more customers to my business and spread the word about my business?’
The biggest challenge is to identify how to get your satisfied customers to actively be involved in promoting your business on their social media and professional networks.
The answer lies in how you train them to do it by either incentivizing them to do it or keep reminding them constantly.
Here are a few tips and tricks that business must know to help facilitate better referral marketing processes.
- Keep asking them for referrals constantly by reminding them every step of the way.
- You must create a simple process that your customers can follow to refer your company and teach them how to do it.
- Keep in touch with current and past customers and keep reminding them to refer your company.
- Make the referral process extremely easy for your happy and satisfied customers.
- Keep thanking them on a regular basis and they will feel obliged to share their experience with their friends and family.